After reading our Best Practices and Steps for getting set up you are likely on a great path to success. We did, however, want to share with you some common mistakes we see in the setup process and how you can avoid them.
1. Biting off more than you can chew
- We understand you want to make the most of Rally as quickly as possible but it is important to be realistic about how much time you have to spend on setup. We have seen users set unrealistic expectations for themselves and then doubt their decision to bring on Rally when they weren't able to meet them. Rally is meant to become a part of your business and over time it will become more and more integrated and therefore more and more helpful. We want to work with you to help you realize the goals you have set out while also keeping up with your existing workload.
|Let us know how much time you expect to be able to spend setting up Rally each week and we can guide you on where to spend your time to have the biggest impact.|
2. Trying to set up all questionnaires/documents before putting any into practice
- If you have the time to invest upfront in getting as many questionnaires built and documents automated that is great news. That said, we do encourage you to put some of your simpler templates into use before building out the whole library. Be sure to test your questionnaires thoroughly as you are building them. Note your feedback and insights as you build the questionnaires as this will help you to adjust and improve the questionnaires moving forward.
- It should also be noted that you can set up and begin using a questionnaire before you even automate the document. Sometimes this can help refine the questionnaire before encoding the automated document and save you time in the long run.
|Put questionnaires into action as they are built to start the flow of feedback that you can use as you build out new questionnaires. It also means you can experience the benefits of Rally sooner than later!|
3. Waiting until everything is perfect to launch
- We call this mistake the Rocket Launch Mentality. We often see users we work with waiting until every questionnaire is built before using Rally. We realize it can be really exciting to migrate each of your templates into Rally and we love seeing users take this initiative, but it can also mean big delays in usage and making the most of your Rally subscription.
- Building out your Rally account is something we encourage you to tackle over time and will definitely help you experience more of the benefits. However, in the meantime, we encourage you to begin using questionnaires. There will always be more to improve and you need to start somewhere!
Use questionnaires as soon as possible. You also want to keep organized notes about your ideas for making the most of Rally and speak with us about them. We can help you determine feasibility and point you in the right direction based on our experience.